Digvijay Singh won Best Stand Up Comedian : DLF Netafare Awards
Delhi, 6 : In an eventful night, General Secretary of Congress - Digvijay Singh won Best comedian award in first DLF NetaFare awards. A month back, in all party Neta meet, Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India, who is inspired by FilmFare Awards, declared plans to start NetaFare Awards. Manmohan Singh said, "Netas are acting in real life 24*7. They can act humor, sorrow and even action. And hence, there should be NetaFare Awards".
Nitin GAdkari, then President of BJP, agreed with idea and declared that Purti Group -non existing company own by him - will be title sponsor for event. Purti Sponsorship revoked by managing committee after CBI raids on same. Robert Vadra requested management committee to make DLF as title sponsor. Manmohan Singh agreed with idea and said "Theek Hai". DLF announced that they will give 5 acres land in Gudgaon to poorest family in Delhi, as good will gesture. Subsequently, land is handed over to Vadra.
For comedian, there are 99 nominations from all over India. Prominent contestant includes Lalu Prasad yadav, Digvijay singh and Yashwant Sinha. But in surprising event, all contestant themselves suggest that award should be given to Digvijay Singh. A joint statement released by all contestant said, "We are overwhelmed by love given by audience for our irrelevant comments on irreverent incidences. Though most of us are very good at comedy, Digvijay Singh is real deserving candidate for award. He can make people laugh any issue, any time, anywhere. In fact, for most of us, He is Guru ( Lalu Prasad mentioned his rejection for this statement). So, we are choosing Digvijay Singh as Best Comedian for 2013 DLF Neta Awards".
In his acceptance speech, Digvijay Singh said, "It is really tough job to make people laugh. I was Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh(MP). People forgot to laugh at that time. I worked so hard as Chief Minister that my party, Congress lost 3 consecutive election thereafter. After 3 consecutive losses, I decided to change profession as there were no hopes for Congress in MP. I decided to become comedian to make people laugh. It was Sonaji who said that I can be great comedian even staying in Congress only. I am very thankful to Soniaji to guide me this path. I also thanks to Rahulji for his supports and encouragement".
Funny khabar is keeping eye on DLF Netafare awards. We will publish a list of all winners in DLF Netafare awards. Keep checking this space for more details.
Delhi, 6 : In an eventful night, General Secretary of Congress - Digvijay Singh won Best comedian award in first DLF NetaFare awards. A month back, in all party Neta meet, Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India, who is inspired by FilmFare Awards, declared plans to start NetaFare Awards. Manmohan Singh said, "Netas are acting in real life 24*7. They can act humor, sorrow and even action. And hence, there should be NetaFare Awards".
Nitin GAdkari, then President of BJP, agreed with idea and declared that Purti Group -non existing company own by him - will be title sponsor for event. Purti Sponsorship revoked by managing committee after CBI raids on same. Robert Vadra requested management committee to make DLF as title sponsor. Manmohan Singh agreed with idea and said "Theek Hai". DLF announced that they will give 5 acres land in Gudgaon to poorest family in Delhi, as good will gesture. Subsequently, land is handed over to Vadra.
For comedian, there are 99 nominations from all over India. Prominent contestant includes Lalu Prasad yadav, Digvijay singh and Yashwant Sinha. But in surprising event, all contestant themselves suggest that award should be given to Digvijay Singh. A joint statement released by all contestant said, "We are overwhelmed by love given by audience for our irrelevant comments on irreverent incidences. Though most of us are very good at comedy, Digvijay Singh is real deserving candidate for award. He can make people laugh any issue, any time, anywhere. In fact, for most of us, He is Guru ( Lalu Prasad mentioned his rejection for this statement). So, we are choosing Digvijay Singh as Best Comedian for 2013 DLF Neta Awards".
In his acceptance speech, Digvijay Singh said, "It is really tough job to make people laugh. I was Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh(MP). People forgot to laugh at that time. I worked so hard as Chief Minister that my party, Congress lost 3 consecutive election thereafter. After 3 consecutive losses, I decided to change profession as there were no hopes for Congress in MP. I decided to become comedian to make people laugh. It was Sonaji who said that I can be great comedian even staying in Congress only. I am very thankful to Soniaji to guide me this path. I also thanks to Rahulji for his supports and encouragement".
Funny khabar is keeping eye on DLF Netafare awards. We will publish a list of all winners in DLF Netafare awards. Keep checking this space for more details.
